Every time the New Year comes around, I find myself distinguishing my goals in the same way, year after year. I would write a list, then give that list a great deal of thought. What would I accomplish in 2011?
Here is a sample of some of the goals I plan to carry out:
- Hit the gym every weekday morning at 6AM
- Complete my Reiki Level III certification
- Travel to Asia
- Cook healthier meals for myself
These are well intentioned goals and I’m sure that I will meet most of them. The problem is, I never seem to meet every single goal to my satisfaction. Granted, I am a type A clairvoyant and a perfectionist, but I have devised a plan to execute my goals in a more achievable fashion. I will preform a list of tasks that will set these goals into motion. I felt like sharing these tips because they might come in handy for when you are goal setting for 2011.
1. Watch the Secret. I own this DVD and I love to watch it as a refresher. This always keeps me on track and lets me realize that I have control of what I manifest for myself.
2. Update your dream board. I don’t know about you but my dream board is almost a year old! I have been saving pictures to update my board for 2011. Perhaps give your board a facelift by displaying your photos in a new, creative way, or getting a new board all together. You can always turn this into a gathering with friends and get them to share your goals and aspirations. I love this because this creates an activity that sets everything into motion. Dream board parties and a fantastic way to get excited about your life!
3. Create a plan. Its great to set goals but it’s vital to set up a way of executing those goals. Set a timeline of which goals are most important to you, and create a plan to make it happen.
4. Visualization. Not only do you want to set those goals in motion by devising a strategy, but you also want to be in the presence of what you truly want as often as possible. Visualization and meditation techniques are fantastic for setting the intention and breathing it in.
5. Reward yourself. It’s vital that you take the time to acknowledge your achievements once you have met your goals. For every goal that you meet, please take the time to reward yourself properly. Perhaps this is with a fancy handbag, a trip to the spa or a simple walk in nature; it is up to you to fill in the blanks!
I hope these tips help you meet your 2011 resolutions. Remember to set a realistic timeline for yourself and to enjoy the process. Life is joy, and the very act of living in the present will make the future happen with your design in mind.
I wish you all a health, happiness, and a fresh start to the New Year.